Campbell County WY youth will decrease social risk-taking behavior as a result of increased consequence awareness and improved parent-teen communication.
The Life RU Ready? Project is a "life-simulation" health fair for teens and parents designed to increase awareness of the consequences of the teen's behavior, to decrease motivation to participate in risk taking behavior, and to provide new opportunities for parent-teen communication.
- Prepare youth to make informed decisions about life choices.
- Provide parents and trusted adults with current information about life choice behaviors from a teen perspective.
- Encourage open, honest teen-parent discussion of these behaviors.
- community-wide professional collaboration
- think and speak 'teen-eze'
- mix serious with fun
- just the facts! ... short and sweet
We are excited to share the success of this innovative approach to interrupting the risk-taking decision process many teens choose to adopt.